The 5G Testbed is built to look like a real-world 5G deployment thoroughly and is known as a platform to test and validate Made-in-India products locally. Equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, the Test Bed is suitable for industry players and start-ups and will enable the Indian industry to make advances not only in 5G but also in future technologies like 6G. 5G promises to be about more than just smartphones – Whether it’s boasting connectivity, high bandwidth, and low latency, 5G benefits smartphone users. 5G is growing faster than its 4G LTE predecessor. Hence, the 5G testbed is an important part of facilitating the massive 5G rollout.
When several businesses in India are discovering the potential of 5G in terms of industrial automation, private networks, process management, and more, the government of India has recently announced a 5G test bed project for start-ups and industry players for taking a step towards becoming self-reliant in those directions. The launch of the 5G Testbed by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) is a considerable step for India, toward being an “Aatmanirbhar country”, especially when it comes to critical, cutting-edge technologies in the Telecom sector.
The objective of this project is to provide an end-to-end test bed to test and validate start-ups’ and industry players’ equipment for 5G services. The 5G testbed enables the R&D team of Indian academia and industry to validate their products and demonstrate diverse services. The purpose of implementing a test bed is to allow R&D teams (Indian academia and industry) to test their prototypes locally; to enable engineers to examine 5G applications in a test bed environment before a commercial rollout; also, to permit them to understand how the network will perform in real-world applications.
The local 5G equipment makers with 5G test beds would be able to design baseband processing units, remote radio heads, RF modules, core networks, network interconnects, baseband algorithms, and other high-end communication components. If the indigenous 5G test bed is absent, then Indian start-ups and industry players would test their products abroad for testing and validation purposes. So, now let us see what is a 5G test bed and how is it beneficial along with Accurate 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and Accurate 4G Testing RF drive test software, Cellular LTE RF drive test tools & equipment in detail.
- The 5G test bed provides a domestic platform to the telecom industry and startups for validating their products, solutions, and prototypes in 5G and to several other next-generation technologies as well.
- The 5G test bed is beneficial for increasing internet speed, the pace of development, and job creation.
- Test bed is beneficial for those companies who want to integrate the new features, functionalities, and capabilities of 5G, which will facilitate them to develop new use cases by promoting early experimentation of new 5G features, building new products and solutions, and drive innovation.
- It creates positive changes in governance, ease of living, and ease of doing business.
- The test bed 5G boosts in agriculture, health, education, infrastructure, and logistics.
- 5G testbed supports skill development, which is an integral part of any self-sufficient nation.
- 5G Test Bed will provide opportunities in digital learning, experimentation, and R&D bodies.
To boost the 5G ecosystem within the countries, the indigenous 5G Test Bed has been introduced and in India, it has been commenced free of cost for Indian Government recognized start-ups and MSMEs.
Undoubtedly, 5G technologies are moving fast – connect many more devices to the internet, minimize delays, and deliver ultrafast speeds as compared to the present 4G network by using different antennas, and conducting on radio spectrum frequencies. Stakeholders need to access all possible research that is reporting 5G testbed results that connect researchers, scientists, engineers, and policymakers to engage on 5G. In addition, 5G network testing also plays a crucial role in the telecom sector and RantCell is a SaaS-based software that can help you in this. RantCell is designed in such a way that you can install the app on mobile devices to perform the tests even seating remotely.